Hello guys! This is embarrassingly over due but I wanted to share it with you anyway. You guys know what I was like when I discovered Inglot while in Poland and how insanely cheap it was! Let’s just say it was a good day! And you have seen some of my previous post where I featured my new buys, but just in case you missed it, you can click here and here 🙂 In this post I’ll be showing you some of the amazing matte blushes I got while I was there and a few extra eye shadows I got. Because I’m a lazy heifer I didn’t put any of the product numbers in this post, its such chore having to take individual pans out to look at product number but if there is anyone that catches your eye and you want the product number let me know in the comment section.
Came across this look on my Pinterest and I have been dying to try it out. Yes it is a lot of colour and normally I won’t do a dramatic eye with a bold lip but I love it! If I was on a night out I definitely see myself rocking this look! oooh and I tried Revlon’s Colourstay foundation in Cappuccino and Mahogany and I love it! And all concealers used were from L.A Girl Cosmetics
- on My cheeks I have Sleek’s Flushed for my blush, Mac’s Gold Deposit for my highlight and Sleek’s contour kit and Covergirl’s ebony bronzer to contour
- On my lips I have Inglot’s lipstick in 293
- Lashes are Cherry Blossom in #01
- Mac’s Sumptuous Olive in my tear duct
- On my lid I am wearing so much colour it’s not even funny! I started off with matte greens all from my Sleek Ultra Matts VS palette and I packed that on before adding Mac’s Humid on top of that. I went back into the palette and used a really dark matte green to smoke out the outer corners. Last but not least I used my Inglot AMC pigment in 85 on top and voilà.
- For my transition colours I used Mac’s Swiss Chocolate and Orange
Hey guys! So last week I made a super quick dash home for my parent’s anniversary shindig and I decided to pick a lil something for my mum, that something was makeup. I went for the closest make up store to me which is Inglot and got her some basics that I thought would be worth sharing with you guys. And of course I got a lil something for my self *wink* But on the real guys my no buy starts right now. I’m really done now …. well maybe after the next post 🙂
My mum has the basics when it comes to make up and I mean basic basic, and it always seems to be scattered everywhere! She doesn’t have eyeshadows or any good quality palettes so I thought it would be good to help her build her make up bag gradually. My mum has very good skin so she doesn’t need a lot of make up to cover or conceal anything like I do. When I say she basics I mean foundation and primers so I focused more on shadows and lip glosses which I know she loves. I wanted something compact she could carry around easily so I opted for the quad eyeshadow freedom palette.
- I picked 3 shimmery shades and a dark matte brown for a subtle smokey effect. My mum isn’t very adventurous with eye make up so I wanted to keep it as simple as possible. I can not get over Inglot’s packaging! I just love love it, I have never come across a more sleek-looking palette! Hands down they are the most stylish when it comes to packaging.
- Again for the blush I wanted something simple tht wouldn’t require too much of a technique to apply. These shades will go well with any skin tone and not overbearing. The fact the have slight reflect in them means they will also provide a subtle highlight.
- My mum isn’t a huge fan of the full on look lipsticks give so I went with these two glosses, again I went for shimmery glosses.
- And last but not least I picked up an eyeliner in black because no look is complete without a little giving your eyes an outline.
Moving on to what I got for myself 🙂 I didn’t plan on buying anything and if I’m being honest, I have raided Inglot last and early this year so I’m pretty much over their products now. I have tried everything thing I’ve been intrigued by but I came across these three beauties while in the store!
I love pigments! I’m still not great at working with them yet but I loooooove them! Everyone raves about certain eye shadows being the darkest black they have ever seen but I really I think I have found it! Inglot’s AMC pigment eyeshadow in 88 is the BOMB! It never occurred to me to ever get a pigment eyeshadow in black but this isn’t just black, it has beautiful gold reflects in it! Guys I am in love!!! Like how amazing would a smokey eye with this pigment be!?! 🙂
Next up is this beautiful iridescent body sparkle in 51! I’m not going to go on about this little pot of magic, I will let the swatches show you! This is the second body sparkle I have picked up from Inglot and I think it adds gorgeous sparkle to the eyes when applied on top of other shadows.
And last but not least! Probably my favorite at of all three things is AMC lipgloss in 541! In the glass tube it looks like some sort of magic serum and you can’t quite tell what colour it is, but when you swatch it reflects every color like an oily gooey mixed up rainbow! Again its very similar to the the body sparkle with it’s iridescence qualities. I have no idea when or how I’m going to rock this lippie but I am looking forward to it! 🙂 Well that’s in for my super “mini” Inglot haul!
Thanks for stopping by 😉
Happy Sunday guys! I’m finally getting round to doing this tag and I’m so excited. Now, because half of my make up is in Dublin and half here in Wroclaw with me, this is going to be a two part post. I’ll post the second half when I go home in two weeks. I saw A Casual Beauty do this tag and she tagged everyone so I’m doing it, plus I love her blog, she does the most detailed product reviews and swatches! Ok, let’s get right into it, going to try to keep this short.
1. How many lipsticks do you own? – I have 23 lipsticks with me here in Wroclaw and I’m not sure I have in Dublin probably another 10/15. I have a lot of drugstore lipsticks as well as a few high end lipsticks.
2. What was the first lipstick you owned?- The first lipstick I ever owned might have been a Rimmel lipstick or Mac’s Girl About Town or Fuchsia but seeing as I have neither of them with me I’ll share the second lipstick I owned – Mac’s Ruby Woo
3. What is your favorite lipstick brand? I can’t pick one so I picked three- Mac, Sleek, and Inglot
4. What is your most worn lipstick? Ooooh this is a tough one, I wear a lot of berry toned lipsticks in the Fall and Winter and in the summer I tend I go for more pink nudes but lately I’ve been loving coral/ orange toned lipsticks so I’m going to go with Mac’s Impassioned I had it on in my What I’ve Learnt About My Hair post.
5. What is your favourite finish? I will have to say matte, I literally gravitate toward matte lipstick in stores, I just don’t think other finishes are as striking. Now that being said some of my all time favourite lipsticks are amplified or sheen finishes like Mac’s Up the Amp or Wet&Wild’s Cherry Picking
6. What was the last lipstick you bought? The last lipstick I bought was two weeks ago and I bought three Sleek lipsticks, they were featured in my previous post Haul? But Not Really??
7. How many lip products do you currently have in your bag? None, I cleaned out my bag a couple of days ago but what I do use every sing day is my EOS lip balm, I am obsessed with this lip balm, it is so moisturising and I can’t wait to get other flavours!
8. What is your favorite red lip color? Purty Persimmon by Wet&Wild. it’s not your typical red, it has a slight orange undertone that makes it very vibrant. I love it! 🙂
9. How do you store your lipsticks? Not in the way you would think, all my make up storage is back in Dublin so everything here is just sorta tossed into several small make up bags, getting ready in a hurry is a nightmare! 🙂
10. Which lipsticks are you currently lusting after? Ravishing by Make Up Geek and Violetta by Mac. I’m obsessed with purple lipsticks!
I tag every lipstick junkie 🙂
Hello my darlings! So this weekend I was in London for a family wedding and what a crazy weekend it was. I had great plans for a nice quiet weekend so I made sure to get all the things I needed so I could spend time meeting my friends and just relaxing, but that was not to be the case. I can only fly into Stansted Airport from Wroclaw and my flight landed at midnight so I got home at 3:30am! That was the beginning of my stressful weekend, on Saturday I had to do some running around and I had to wash my hair so that was the day gone. On Sunday I spent the day on Oxford Street and went to the cinema with the fam in the evening and Monday was the wedding and just like that my whole weekend was gone with not a lot accomplished, well in regards to me resting. Any who… I did a demo of the make up look I was going to wear for the wedding and I said I was going to tweak it a little and I did, so I wanted share some pictures with you guys. The wedding was amazing, first wedding I shared a tear at. It was so much fun and beautiful. The couple was just too adorable and deserved such a wonderful day! You guys don’t know this yet but I am obsessed with weddings, my Pinterest is my wedding bible, I can look at wedding boards all day everyday! I’ll save that for another day 🙂 What did you guys get up to over the Bank Holiday?
So I thought I’d share my make up must haves with you. These are the products that I can not do without; if I had to travel somewhere at a moments notice these are the things that I would reach for first! I can not do without any of these products, they are my staples and essentials, I used them everyday!
- MAc Pro Long Wear concrealer in NW45. I will not wear any foundation without this baby around my mouth. For some reason my skin tone is a lot darker around my mouth area than anywhere else on my face even after waxing ( Yes y’all I have facial hair issues, rant for another day). So for me this is the perfect colour corrector for me, it has a slight orange sorta red tone that just does the trick, and this stuff is opaque, it covers up everything. And on days where I’m unusually tired I would use it on the darker areas under my eyes before putting on my foundation. This is probably the best thing I’ve ever bought from MAc. What colour correctors do you use?
- MAC Matchmaster Foundation in 9.0– been using this foundation for almost 3 years now and love it. It’s the perfect blend of colour for my skin tone and I can build the coverage easily. I am itching to try the ColourStay foundation by Revlon but I’m not down for having to mix shades just yet, so far now I’ll stick with my Matchmaster
- MAC’s Mineralized Charged Water Revitalizing Energy Spray – I initially went in to get the Fix+ spray and the girl in the store suggested this instead and I’ve never looked back since. It does the exact same thing the Fix + spray does, I use it on my face before starting with my foundation. Sometimes my face still feels so dry and tight after moisturising and this stuff just wakes it up and makes it more supple. I also use it on my beauty blender to dampen it before applying my concealer. I hardly use it after my make up is fully done except when I feel like my foundation looks a lil ashy and I want a slightly dewy look.
- MAC Prep + Prime Lip– Love love love this stuff, I have no idea what’s in it but I love with it! On days were I need to wear really matte lipsticks (which is most of the time, they’re my favourite) like Ruby Woo this really helps with application. What I like most about it is the moisturised feel it gives you with out messing up the finish of your lipstick. I used this product unfailingly every time I wear lipsticks.
- Maybelline Fit Me concealer in 30– Another essential, it’s the perfect shade for me, the coverage is light to medium so it’s great for giving that subtle highlight and you can built it up. This stuff goes underneath my eyes everyday.
- Rimmel Eye Brow Pencil in Black Brown – This just works for me, I’m not going to say it’s he best eye brow pencil but I’ve just always used it. It’s easy to get when I run out and inexpensive. I use it to outline and lightly fill in my brows, not that I really need to. My brows are naturally thick and dark
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara– I don’t care what anybody says, this mascara is timeless, a real classic! I don’t get clumpy lashes with this, it goes on smoothly and give my lashes a great natural look. Again, pretty easy to re-stock when I run out.
- Mac Studio Sculpt Concealer in NW45– Y’all know happy I was when I ran into this amazing product a few weeks back because it has been discontinued but for some reason MAC in Poland did not get the memo (Thank God!). My brows have grown out recently and I am yet to find somewhere here that does threading, so I’ve been walking around looking like a cave woman these past 3 weeks. But this concealer is so opaque that it covers up my stray hairs easily. And the finish is so smooth and not ashy looking, second best thing I’ve ever bought from MAC, shame it’s been discontinued. Here’s to hoping that MAC cop on and bring it back!
- Ben Nye Finishing Powder in Topaz– I have this in Banana but for my everyday make up to work and stuff its a lil too Kim K for my liking. But the topaz shade compliments my Maybelline concealer so well, like it enhances the shade of the concealer and gives such a natural highlight.
- Mac Finishing Powder in Deep Dark – this is pretty much a no brainer, I’m sure every MAC addict has this in their kit, perfect blend of matte finish and a subtle glow. It’s like a velvet curtain over your make up, and it lasts! A defo must have! 🙂
- Sleek Blush in Flushed– I’ve had this blush since forever, and I just always seem to reach for it in the mornings, but I do want to switch to something with a bit more shimmer. I’ve heard some great things about Nars blushes, I can’t wait to try them. And yes I do have the La Femme blush palette but I can’t haul that with me everyday, I need something compact that will do for everyday. Yes I’m trying to justify another purchase 🙂
- L’Oreal Super Line Black Lacquer / Inglot Gel Liner in 77 – L’Oreal because I love the applicator, when I’m on the go it’s easy to just glide over my lash line, it has this sorta vinyl finish that I really like and I don’t have to bother looking for an eyeliner brush with it. Oh, and it also easy to find – drug stores. Inglot because it’s the blackest gel liner I have EVER come across, I love the finish and how well the colour stands out. There’s a lot of product in this small tub so it will keep you going for a good while, plus it does not dry out like other gel liners, it’s forever sleek in texture ( it’s a no brainer that you should alway have the lid securely on when you’re not using it to keep it from drying up 🙂 )
- Inglot Matte Lipstick in 420– I love a good nude pink lipstick. I picked this up last year and I just can’t get enough of the shade. The finish for me is just out of this world and I think the colour really compliments my skin tone. I would usually reach for my NYX lipstick in Thalia or MAC’s Viva Glam II but those can be hit & miss depending on the liner you pair them with. The only thing I will say is that it is very matte, so it you don’t like matte lipsticks you might want to stay away from this one.
So that’s everything, wow! That is a lot of products, imagine if I had to list all the stuff I don’t use everyday :). Let me know if you use any of the products I listed above or if you have any of your staples that you think I should try.
I remember seeing a look like this on BeautybyJJ about two springs ago and I wanted to play around with the colours a bit, I think the blue just makes everything pop! I used my Fraulien 120 palette for the look and on my lips I have Mac’s Impassioned with NYX Mega Shin Lip Gloss in Nude Peace on top! I had pretty awesome day at work and a surprisingly productive evening. Not only was I able to do this look, I also managed to clean all my make up brushes and wash my hair…I’m deep conditning over night 😉