So I thought I’d share my make up must haves with you. These are the products that I can not do without; if I had to travel somewhere at a moments notice these are the things that I would reach for first! I can not do without any of these products, they are my staples and essentials, I used them everyday!
- MAc Pro Long Wear concrealer in NW45. I will not wear any foundation without this baby around my mouth. For some reason my skin tone is a lot darker around my mouth area than anywhere else on my face even after waxing ( Yes y’all I have facial hair issues, rant for another day). So for me this is the perfect colour corrector for me, it has a slight orange sorta red tone that just does the trick, and this stuff is opaque, it covers up everything. And on days where I’m unusually tired I would use it on the darker areas under my eyes before putting on my foundation. This is probably the best thing I’ve ever bought from MAc. What colour correctors do you use?
- MAC Matchmaster Foundation in 9.0– been using this foundation for almost 3 years now and love it. It’s the perfect blend of colour for my skin tone and I can build the coverage easily. I am itching to try the ColourStay foundation by Revlon but I’m not down for having to mix shades just yet, so far now I’ll stick with my Matchmaster
- MAC’s Mineralized Charged Water Revitalizing Energy Spray – I initially went in to get the Fix+ spray and the girl in the store suggested this instead and I’ve never looked back since. It does the exact same thing the Fix + spray does, I use it on my face before starting with my foundation. Sometimes my face still feels so dry and tight after moisturising and this stuff just wakes it up and makes it more supple. I also use it on my beauty blender to dampen it before applying my concealer. I hardly use it after my make up is fully done except when I feel like my foundation looks a lil ashy and I want a slightly dewy look.
- MAC Prep + Prime Lip– Love love love this stuff, I have no idea what’s in it but I love with it! On days were I need to wear really matte lipsticks (which is most of the time, they’re my favourite) like Ruby Woo this really helps with application. What I like most about it is the moisturised feel it gives you with out messing up the finish of your lipstick. I used this product unfailingly every time I wear lipsticks.
- Maybelline Fit Me concealer in 30– Another essential, it’s the perfect shade for me, the coverage is light to medium so it’s great for giving that subtle highlight and you can built it up. This stuff goes underneath my eyes everyday.
- Rimmel Eye Brow Pencil in Black Brown – This just works for me, I’m not going to say it’s he best eye brow pencil but I’ve just always used it. It’s easy to get when I run out and inexpensive. I use it to outline and lightly fill in my brows, not that I really need to. My brows are naturally thick and dark
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara– I don’t care what anybody says, this mascara is timeless, a real classic! I don’t get clumpy lashes with this, it goes on smoothly and give my lashes a great natural look. Again, pretty easy to re-stock when I run out.
- Mac Studio Sculpt Concealer in NW45– Y’all know happy I was when I ran into this amazing product a few weeks back because it has been discontinued but for some reason MAC in Poland did not get the memo (Thank God!). My brows have grown out recently and I am yet to find somewhere here that does threading, so I’ve been walking around looking like a cave woman these past 3 weeks. But this concealer is so opaque that it covers up my stray hairs easily. And the finish is so smooth and not ashy looking, second best thing I’ve ever bought from MAC, shame it’s been discontinued. Here’s to hoping that MAC cop on and bring it back!
- Ben Nye Finishing Powder in Topaz– I have this in Banana but for my everyday make up to work and stuff its a lil too Kim K for my liking. But the topaz shade compliments my Maybelline concealer so well, like it enhances the shade of the concealer and gives such a natural highlight.
- Mac Finishing Powder in Deep Dark – this is pretty much a no brainer, I’m sure every MAC addict has this in their kit, perfect blend of matte finish and a subtle glow. It’s like a velvet curtain over your make up, and it lasts! A defo must have! 🙂
- Sleek Blush in Flushed– I’ve had this blush since forever, and I just always seem to reach for it in the mornings, but I do want to switch to something with a bit more shimmer. I’ve heard some great things about Nars blushes, I can’t wait to try them. And yes I do have the La Femme blush palette but I can’t haul that with me everyday, I need something compact that will do for everyday. Yes I’m trying to justify another purchase 🙂
- L’Oreal Super Line Black Lacquer / Inglot Gel Liner in 77 – L’Oreal because I love the applicator, when I’m on the go it’s easy to just glide over my lash line, it has this sorta vinyl finish that I really like and I don’t have to bother looking for an eyeliner brush with it. Oh, and it also easy to find – drug stores. Inglot because it’s the blackest gel liner I have EVER come across, I love the finish and how well the colour stands out. There’s a lot of product in this small tub so it will keep you going for a good while, plus it does not dry out like other gel liners, it’s forever sleek in texture ( it’s a no brainer that you should alway have the lid securely on when you’re not using it to keep it from drying up 🙂 )
- Inglot Matte Lipstick in 420– I love a good nude pink lipstick. I picked this up last year and I just can’t get enough of the shade. The finish for me is just out of this world and I think the colour really compliments my skin tone. I would usually reach for my NYX lipstick in Thalia or MAC’s Viva Glam II but those can be hit & miss depending on the liner you pair them with. The only thing I will say is that it is very matte, so it you don’t like matte lipsticks you might want to stay away from this one.
So that’s everything, wow! That is a lot of products, imagine if I had to list all the stuff I don’t use everyday :). Let me know if you use any of the products I listed above or if you have any of your staples that you think I should try.